Are you looking for a mouth-watering Grilled Leg of Lamb recipe that will impress your guests? Look no further than these tips from top chefs to make a juicy, flavorful dish that everyone will rave about.
In this article, we'll share a recipe for a delicious grilled leg of lamb that's sure to impress your guests. Plus, we'll give you some Chef's Secrets to take your BBQ to the next level.
Grilled Leg of Lamb Recipe
The Preparation Stage
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (around 350-400°F)
- Prepare the ARMEATOR ONE SMART THERMOMETER
- Trim the fat to avoid flare-ups
- Prepare any sides or sauces you plan to serve
- Marinate the lamb for added flavor
- 1 bone-in leg of lamb (5-6 lbs)
- Lemon, vinegar, or yogurt
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
A flavorful marinade can add depth to the flavor of the lamb. Use acidic ingredients like lemon, vinegar or yogurt to tenderize the meat and infuse it with flavor.
We recommend marinating the leg of lamb for at least 4 hours, but ideally overnight to allow the flavors to fully penetrate the meat. This will result in a more flavorful and tender dish that your guests will love. Remember to keep the marinated lamb refrigerated while it is marinating.
- Rub lamb with olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Place on grill and sear on all sides
- Lower heat and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches your desired level of doneness (around 15-18 minutes per pound)
- Remove from heat and let rest for 10-15 minutes before carving
Here are some flavorful sauces and condiments that would pair beautifully with a Grilled Leg of Lamb:
- Chimichurri Sauce: This zesty, herby Argentinian sauce made with parsley, garlic, and oregano adds a vibrant kick to grilled lamb.
- Mint Jelly: The refreshing, sweet flavor of mint jelly pairs perfectly with the savory, juicy flavor of grilled lamb.
- Tzatziki Sauce: This Greek sauce made with yogurt, cucumber, and garlic is creamy and tangy, providing a cooling contrast to the smoky, charred flavor of grilled lamb.
- Red Wine Sauce: A rich, hearty red wine sauce made with pan drippings, butter, and red wine will add depth and complexity to the flavor of the lamb.
- Salsa Verde: This Italian sauce made with capers, anchovies, and parsley provides a sharp, briny punch that cuts through the richness of the lamb.
Chef's Tips for Making a Juicy and Tasty Grilled Leg of Lamb
- Use a smart meat thermometer for accuracy
- Let the lamb rest at least 15 mins before carving
- Serve with a flavorful sauce or condiment
- Pair with a refreshing salad or grilled veggies
A perfectly grilled leg of lamb is a show-stopper at any BBQ or summer party. With this recipe and Chef's Secrets, you'll be able to impress your guests and make a delicious meal that everyone will enjoy. So fire up the grill, grab your ARMEATOR ONE SMART THERMOMETER, and get ready to take your BBQ to the next level!