Roasted chicken is a classic and simple dish that many home cooks love to prepare. Not only is it easy to make, but it's also a versatile and delicious protein that can be enjoyed as a main course or added to salads and sandwiches. In this article, we'll share an easy roasted chicken recipe, perfectly paired sauces, and some chef's tips for taking it to the next level.
The quality of the ingredients you use can make a huge difference in the final result. Before getting started, it's important to make sure you have all the necessary ingredients and equipment. Here's what you'll need:
- A whole chicken
- Olive oil
- Fresh herbs (such as thyme, rosemary, or sage)
- Baking dish
A Good Cooking Helper
For perfect results, we recommend using the Armeator One Smart Bluetooth Meat Thermometer. This thermometer is a game-changer for cooking meat as it allows you to monitor your chicken's temperature on your phone via Bluetooth technology. No more guesswork - simply insert the thermometer, and cook with confidence.
To add extra flavor and juiciness, marinating the chicken before roasting is a great idea. For a simple marinade, mix together some olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. You can also add some herbs to the marinade if you'd like. Make sure to coat the chicken thoroughly with the marinade and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and brush it with some olive oil.
- Season generously with salt, pepper, and any additional herbs you'd like to use.
- Cut a lemon in half and place it inside the chicken cavity.
- Roast the chicken for approximately 1 hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Make sure to baste the chicken every 20-30 minutes with the juices that accumulate in the baking dish.
Perfect Paired Sauces Recommendation
Looking for some delicious sauces to pair with your roasted chicken? Try these refreshing options:
- Lemon-garlic sauce: Mix together some Greek yogurt, lemon zest, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Chimichurri sauce: Blend together some parsley, cilantro, garlic, red wine vinegar, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and olive oil.
- Salsa verde: Combine some chopped parsley, capers, garlic, anchovy paste, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and olive oil in a food processor.
How Long to Cook Roasted Chicken?
When it comes to cooking a roasted chicken, it's crucial to get the timing right. A 4-pound chicken will typically take about an hour to cook at 400°F. However, the cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken.
For best results, we recommend using the Armeator One Smart Bluetooth Meat Thermometer so you can monitor the chicken's temperature, ensuring that it's cooked through but not overcooked.
Some Chef's Tips For Making A Juicy And Tasty Roasted Chicken
- Let the chicken rest: After removing the chicken from the oven, let it rest for 10-15 minutes before carving. This will allow the juices to settle and the meat to remain juicy and tender.
- Use a baking dish: Roasting the chicken in a baking dish will help the juices accumulate and enhance the flavor of the chicken.
- Truss the chicken: Trussing the chicken (tying the legs and wings together) will help it cook more evenly and retain its shape.
- Season generously: Don't be afraid to use plenty of salt, pepper, and herbs when seasoning the chicken. This will ensure it's packed with flavor.
With this easy roasted chicken recipe and expert tips from a professional chef, you'll be able to create a juicy and flavorful roasted chicken that will impress your guests.
Remember to use high-quality ingredients, marinate your chicken for extra flavor, and use the Armeator One Smart Bluetooth Meat Thermometer to cook it to perfection. Serve it with a summer refreshing sauce, and you'll have a dish that's sure to become a family favorite.